Si topeng cokelat itu manusia yang bertopengkan wajah sendiri

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why I deleted Facebook?


First of all, I deleted Myspace for the same reason that I deleted Facebook.
But I created a Facebook account ONLY for, I repeat, ONLY for the alumni group of my previous school so that they can contact me easily when they're arranging a reunion. It's supposed to be ONLY for that.

After I realised that the Facbook account has lost its purpose, I decided to delete it.

Why? For the same reason why many other should.

If someone wants to say something to me,just approach and say it to my face. Text me if that was so hard. My face is the only wall you should tell something to.
If someone wants to share a video, come and show it to me so that we can laugh together.

Without Facebook, you can know your true friends.
You can really know who actually DO remember your birthday.
You can really know who will accompany you when you're sad.
You can really know who actually care about your achievement.
You can really know who keeps updates about your life.

Having Facebook,
I'll spend hours in front of it just to wait for someone to talk to.
I'll spend hours in front of it stalking other people's walls.
I'll spend hours in front of it hesitating which picture should I upload only that other people will judge how ridiculous I look like in it.
I'll spend hours in front of it picking the most suitable profile picture so that people will know it's me but it's not too obvious that it was me.
I'll spend hours in front of it making Mark Zuckerberg richer than he already is.
I'll spend hours in front of it looking at other people's photos and judging how ridiculous THEY look in them.
I'll spend hours in front of it waiting for someone to post on my wall or comment on any of the photos.
I'll spend hours in front of it wondering how much time some people spend on games like Farmville.
I'll spend hours in front of it posting on other people's walls so that maybe they'll start to talk to me.
I'll spend hours in front of it and keep refreshing the Home page reading other people's funny status updates.

That's a LOT of time spent and a LOT of time wasted. Time that could probably be used for something better.
Sometimes,we just log into Facebook to see if finally the notification number has actually changed from zero.

I need friends,not 'friends'. That can be achieved without Facebook, and that's alright with me.
I can just say Hi to my friends without stalking on their 'walls' or look at their new uploaded pictures.

I have to admit, sometimes I kind of regretted that I deleted it and thought about signing up again as I got new friends and would like to be closer with them,which can be achieved though Facebook.
But, to have true friends, we need to really know them. Not know them as in know their birthday, post at their walls and get to know them through those pictures. But to know them as in smile with them, laugh with them, walk with them, talk with them.

So, why shouldn't I delete Facebook?

6 comments:

  1. btul tu yana!hehe.kite pon dah deactiv8 fb.
    face-to-face is wayy better than wall-to-wall.hehe:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha,thx mayo. Tu la,org pun igt birthday kita sbb fb bgtau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. x agree sgt... kalau melihat teknologi dari sudut keburukannya, maka berhentilah guna pisau dapur... sebab pisau dapur pun mgkin boleh jadi senjata kes pembunuhan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Memanglah macam tu. Tapi cuba renungkan, keburukan lagi banyak ke kebaikan. Pisau dapur lagi ramai guna untuk memasak daripada membunuh sebab pistol lg senang nk bunuh org. ;)

    Fb byk org gunakan utk bersosial dgn org lain yg xperlu. Berjam2 habiskn masa update status, gambar.

    Cuba senaraikan berapa ramai yg guna utk keburukan & berapa ramai guna utk kebaikan.

    Eratkan silaturrahim dgn fb doesn't count!

    Org lebih suka singgah 'wall' drpd act ziarah rumah. Kan?

    Teknologi mmg ada pro & con dy, tp kena list kn & bandingkn.

    Sy kenal diri sendiri & sy tau fb xbwk byk manfaat kt sy.
    Tajuk nye pun Why I deleted fb. & sy tau agak ramai org yg xdpt byk manfaat drpd fb gak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pada pendapat saya, facebook x dpt membina persahabatan langsung. memulakan atau utk mengekalkan komunikasi boleh. tapi true friend start from emotion face 2 face relationship...
    saya sendiri pernah guna facebook messaging utk start kawan dgn lelaki(lembut) ni. akhirnya, dia telah salah ertikan bahawa saya obses dgn dia..dan sekarang dia asyik bahan saya dgn mulut laser dia..saya berpendapat,kalau nak berkawan lain kali, berhadapan. x payah malu2. real life conversation dan true relationship akan muncul..

    ReplyDelete