Si topeng cokelat itu manusia yang bertopengkan wajah sendiri

Monday, December 17, 2012

A story that I'd like to share.


Recently, a friend of mine shared with me a story of hers, that I thought I should write down, and share with others, and the future me who will probably be needing this reminder. And so I begin.

She was a really kind person, pure hearted. But lately, she's been feeling lost, not herself. She lost the grip of her imaan and always felt empty. She didn't like it, but the she fell too easily to temptations. The syaitaans were taking her farther away from the straight path, and she can see herself leaving it. 

Day by day, she tried to escape the dark. To find her way back. But every time she tried, she fell back to temptations soon after. 

One day, it was either something that she read, or watched, or heard, or maybe all of them, she was finally determined to change.


After her solaah, she wept. Now here comes the part that I'd like to share.

She remembered a hadeeth about how one step you make towards Allah, Allah makes ten steps towards you. And if you walk towards Allah, Allah runs towards you. She cried more thinking how Allah's love is so wide and that Allah still loves her that He made her remember Him. She felt Allah's love and imagined as if there was somebody hugging her while crying. And it was as if Allah hugged her to calm her, that was how much Allah still loves her.

To imagine Allah's love in such a way touches me. I'm not sure if any of this makes any sense, but it does to me. Yes, our imaan fluctuates. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low. Even the great imaams cry a lot thinking about their sins. But Allah's love will always be there, for He is Most Loving,

No comments:

Post a Comment